This one-day program with an individual follow-up appointment is designed for college students, recent graduates, people returning to the workforce after some time away, and people looking for a change in their career paths — a change of location, a change of position, or a change of employer.
Find out out how to make a resume with accomplishments from your current role appeal to employers searching for strong candidates related to the new career that you want.
You will receive a link to the Strong Interest Inventory (about 45 mins to complete) and a resume form to complete before we meet. We will refer to this form and add to it throughout our meeting.
Career Exploration 1/2 Day
- Discover what you really want from your career
- Analyze the results of the Strong Interest Inventory for a personalized, research-based report of careers, and interests that are good matches for you
- Consider values, educational commitment, and other related factors
- Discuss volunteer opportunities related to your field
- gather experience related to your future career
- show employers and colleges how serious you are about working in this field
- Refresh your Resume with Professional Support
- We will look at what makes some resumes stand out from the crowd. We will consider discuss strategies for targeting resumes and cover letters toward specific positions, and we will discuss effective resume design.
- You will receive a link to the Strong Interest Inventory (about 45 mins to complete) and a resume form to complete before we meet. We will refer to this form and add to it throughout our meeting.
All Career Exploration Sessions include the Strong Interest Inventory, seven days of Resume Support following the program, and easy access to tools that will help you further research and prepare for careers.
Interview Prep 1/2 Day Session
- Learn how to request informational interviews from people working in your field
- Unlock the secrets to successful resume writing and interview preparation
- Create or polish your resume
- Even if you have never had a paying job, you have skills and experiences that can help communicate value to your future employer.
- Find out what potential employers want to see in your resume and cover letters.
- You will receive a resume form to complete before we meet. We will refer to this form and add to it throughout our meeting.
- Practice with multiple interviewers (may be offered in a separate session)
Adult Interview Sessions include feedback from experienced interviewers (either online or face-to-face) and Resume Support follow up (online or by phone) within seven days of our session.
What to bring
Please plan to bring your own laptop or tablet. WiFi will be available. If you need to borrow technology, please let us know at least 2 days in advance.
Please bring your completed resume intake form (electronic or hard copy). We will add to this throughout the day.