Approach resume building and interview preparation with an eye toward college acceptance and scholarship consideration.
Learn to research college websites and navigate course catalogs.
Design a resume that represents you well.
Find a career that piques your interest.
Career Exploration Session
- Discover what you really want from your career
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory and analyze the results for a personalized, research-based report of careers, interests, and college majors that are good matches for you
- Consider values, educational commitment, and other related factors
- Research college and other training possibilities to find the best options for your interests
- Learn about volunteer opportunities related to your field
- gather experience related to your future career
- show employers and colleges how serious you are about working in this field
- Investigate what makes some resumes stand out from the crowd.
- Evaluate strategies for targeting resumes and cover letters toward specific positions and learn to select effective resume design for your chosen field and your career stage.
Interview Prep Session
- Learn how to request informational interviews from people working in your field
- Unlock the secrets to successful resume writing and interview preparation.
- Observe interviews to determine what was done well and what could have been done better.
- Practice your new skills with multiple interviewers.
- Create or polish your resume
- Even if you have never had a paying job, you have skills and experiences that can help communicate value to your future employer.
All Interview Sessions include feedback from experienced interviewers (either online or face-to-face) and Resume Support follow up (online or by phone) within seven days of our session.
What to bring
Please plan to bring your own laptop or tablet. WiFi will be available. If you need to borrow technology, please let us know at least 2 days in advance.
Please bring either lunch or money for ordering in. More details will be provided in a welcome email sent within one week of our meeting.
Please bring your completed resume intake form (electronic or hard copy). We will add to this throughout the day.